From robust and spicy blends to delicate and fragrant options, we’ve scoured the market to bring you a curated list of the best ginger tea brands.
Discover the brands that stand out for their quality, taste, and unique offerings, and find the perfect ginger tea.
Table of Contents
10 Ginger Tea Benefits
Ginger tea is celebrated for its numerous potential health benefits, including:
- Digestive Aid: Ginger tea can help alleviate various digestive issues, such as nausea, indigestion, and bloating. It may also promote smoother digestion by increasing the production of digestive enzymes.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Ginger contains compounds like gingerol that have anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce inflammation and alleviate symptoms of conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Immune Boost: Ginger has immune-boosting properties and helps the body ward off infections. It’s often used to soothe sore throats and alleviate cold or flu symptoms.
- Nausea Relief: Ginger tea is a well-known remedy for nausea and motion sickness. Pregnant women often use it to combat morning sickness.
- Pain Relief: Some studies suggest that ginger have pain-relieving properties and could help reduce muscle pain, menstrual cramps, and headaches.
- Lowering Blood Sugar: Preliminary research indicates that ginger might help regulate blood sugar levels, which can be beneficial for individuals with type 2 diabetes.
- Heart Health: Ginger may contribute to heart health by reducing risk factors like high blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Weight Management: Ginger can aid in weight management by promoting a feeling of fullness, potentially reducing calorie intake.
- Antioxidant Effects: The antioxidants in ginger help combat oxidative stress and may protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Anti-Cancer Properties: Some studies suggest that ginger may have anti-cancer properties, although more research is needed in this area.
Best Ginger Tea for Digestion
Alaya Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger Tea
Alaya Tea is a beloved tea brand known for its organic tea selection. Their Lemongrass Ginger Tea is a popular choice, it’s crafted from organic ingredients sourced in regenerative farms in India.
The ginger is cultivated by local women, providing them with extra income. This zesty, caffeine-free blend shines on its own; brew for 5 minutes for full flavor development. Certified organic, the 70-gram pack yields over 35 cups at just .40 cents per cup, and the 100% compostable packaging is eco-friendly, including the label and zipper.
Best Ginger Chai Tea
Arte of Tea – Ginger Spice Chai
Arte of Tea’s Ginger Spice Chai is a modern twist on the timeless chai recipe. This tea powder, recognized as the Best New Specialty Non-Coffee Beverage by the Specialty Coffee Association, combines all your favorite chai flavor notes: creamy, spicy, and sweet.
Bold and delicious, Ginger Spice Chai features a strong ginger presence, striking the perfect balance between sweetness and heat. Whether you’re in the mood for a soothing chai latte or a bold morning brew, this versatile concoction is sure to satisfy. It’s a medium-caffeine option.
Best Lemon Ginger Tea
Arte of Tea – French Lemon Ginger
The French Lemon Ginger tea bags are a blend of citrus, grassy, and spicy tasting notes. This spicy, citrus-infused concoction is perfect for sipping at any time of the day.
In addition, the tea bags are eco-friendly and biodegradable teabags.
Best Ginger Tea for Nausea
Kusmi Tea – Ginger Lemon Green Tea
Kusmi Tea, a renowned tea brand, was originally established by Pavel Kousmichoff in St. Petersburg, Russia, back in 1867. However, in 1917, during the Russian Revolution, the brand relocated to Paris.
The Ginger and Lemon blend mixes ginger’s bold, daring heat and lemon’s refreshing taste, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
This dynamic duo, available as organic loose tea or convenient teabags, is the perfect combination for an intensely refreshing drink.
Best Ginger Powder
Micro Ingredients – Organic Ground Ginger Powder
Micro Ingredients Ginger Powder Organic is a fine loose powder designed for cooking, baking, tea, and more. The ginger powder is sourced from India, ensuring pure and natural flavor. It contains no GMOs, no additives, no preservatives, no fillers, no artificial colors, no soy, and no gluten.
To make ginger tea with ginger powder, simply boil a cup of water, add half a teaspoon of ginger powder, and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. You can adjust the ginger powder amount to taste and add honey or lemon for extra flavor if desired.
Best Organic Ginger Tea
FreshDrinkus – Organic Ginger Tea Bags
Crafted from 100% natural ginger, FreshDrinkus’ commitment to strict international organic standards means absolutely no pesticides or herbicides are used in the cultivation of ginger.
Packed in re-sealable bags, the tea remains fresh for an extended period, prioritizing customer safety and product quality. The ginger tea is free from sugar, caffeine, gluten, and animal-derived ingredients, making it a vegan-friendly and healthy choice.
The tea bags are made from natural corn fiber, a biodegradable material that is gentle on the environment. They are free from strings, wrappers, staples, adhesives, bleach, and dyes, ensuring 100% safety and eco-friendliness.
Best Organic Ginger Tea Bags
Cederberg Tea Company – Organic Ginger Tea Bags
Packed with peak-harvested ginger, each herbal tea bag is so strong that it can be used twice.
The ginger tea is selected by award-winning tea experts and grown without chemicals on a boutique farm in Koji, South India, using clean and hydro power methods, leaving zero environmental impact.
The organic tea bags are eco-conscious, made from renewable acaba and cellulose fibers from sustainable plants. They’re oxygen-whitened, never bleached, and completely free of glues and tags, making them compostable tea bags.
Best Herbal Ginger Tea
Clipper Tea – Lemon and Ginger Organic Tea Bags
This herbal tea boasts invigorating citrus notes, featuring natural lemon, lemongrass, lemon peel, ginger root, hibiscus tea, and more. It’s light, fragrant, and ideal for iced tea lovers. The eco-friendly tea bags are unbleached, plant-based, plastic-free, and fully biodegradable.
To enjoy its outstanding flavor, steep the lemon ginger tea bag in freshly boiled water for 3-5 minutes, then transfer it to a glass filled with ice or steep the tea bags in filtered water overnight in the fridge.
Best Ginger Tea Caffeine-Free
Thrive Market – Organic Ginger Tea
Thrive Market Organic Ginger Tea combines the spicy and soothing qualities of ginger, lemongrass, licorice, peppermint, and black pepper fruit.
Additionally, the tea bags are unbleached and thoughtfully wrapped in biodegradable cellophane.
Healthiest Ginger Tea
Thrive Market – Organic Lemon Ginger Tea
Thrive Market Organic Ginger Tea combines spicy and refreshing notes of citrus with the spicy and soothing qualities of ginger, lemongrass, licorice, peppermint, and black pepper fruit.
Best Ginger Tea for Sleeping
Twinings – Herbal Tea, Lemon & Ginger
With warm, spicy, and tangy notes, this herbal tea, while often called “tea,” doesn’t actually contain tea leaves. The blends mixes Camomile, Peppermint, Ginger, and Hibiscus.
Best Ginger Tea Drink
Barnie’s Coffee – Sweet Ginger Peach Tea
Barnie’s Coffee’s Sweet Ginger Peach Tea is priced at just $9.99. This flavorful blend combines peaches and a subtle hint of ginger spice.
It’s perfect over ice for a refreshing flavor experience.
All photos credits belong to respective brands
Read also our latest posts
- From Stemware to Tumblers: 12 Non-Toxic Glassware Sets for Any Gathering (2023)
- Native Shampoo and Conditioner Review in 2023
- 7 Safe & Non-Toxic Candles to Light Up Your Fall (2023)
- 8 Healthy and Non-Toxic Cutting Boards Free From BPA and Formaldehyde
- 11 Houseplants to Remove Toxins and Enhance Air Quality (2023)